This is the story of William Johnson a migrant from Jamaica, who went to England in the 1950s. It was here that he was first subjected to racism. He found that the culture he had left behind was vastly different to the country he would now be living in. William along with countless other young migrants from the Caribbean expected to be here for no more than five years before being able to return home with money they had saved from working in England. Sadly this never happened. Not only for William but for many thousands more. 'Going Home' takes us on a journey from Jamaica to England, and a life spent longing to return home. A rollercoaster of emotions ensue.
A note from the author:
"Occasionally I get asked: "What does an M.B.A. have to do with Autism?" As it turns out, a whole lot. The strategy, leadership, and critical thinking skills I learned in my Executive M.B.A. program were all crucial in the early year's of my son's Autism diagnosis."
"Staging a Miracle is not a therapy book, nor is it our personal story. It is a clear, direct road map that lays out the strategies and thinking sets that enabled many of the actions that accelerated our son's recovery journey. With all of the autism-related resources available today, I found that none of them directly addressed life strategies and thinking sets that normal people could follow to help them set up their child for the greatest possible success. This book aims to fix that."
This book is an easy-to-follow road map for navigating the twists and turns your life will take after receiving an Autism-related diagnosis. Avoid the most common mistakes made by new parents, save time, money, and follow practical, hands-on strategies to give your child the best possible chances for success.
Partial list of contents:
* The 5 Biggest Time Traps in the Autism World (and How to Avoid Them)
* How to Know Which Therapies are Right for Your Child.
* The #1 Reason Kids with Autism Don't Make Progress
* The Top 3 Mistakes People Make When Dealing With School Systems and Government Agencies
* 8 Things Every Parent *Must* Do to Prepare
* 3 Common Mistakes to Avoid in Housing Situations
* Two Weeks That Can Change Your Life
* How to Choose a Therapist
* What to Do if You Choose the Wrong Therapist
* 9 Personalities You Should Seek Out for Your Team
* 2 Critical Steps to Engage Older Siblings
* 3 Ways to Stretch Therapy Supply Dollars
Real Estate Articles
Real Estate Books