10 Tips on Buying New Homes in Florida
Located in the southeastern United States, Florida is a winsome place with the Gulf of Mexico on its west and the Atlantic Ocean on its east. Florida is considered a matchless state that offers tranquility of the countryside as well as the razzle-dazzle of the upscale urban life all while living in paradise where you can avoid chilling winters all together. One of the largest states east of the Mississippi, Florida includes all the trappings of the various lifestyles to enable you to live your life your way! No wonder people yearn for a home in Florida. In fact, living in the exciting ambiance of a beautiful home in Florida is a dream that keeps sailing through the minds of many Americans. Well, if you too are dreaming of owning a brand new home in Florida, there is no reason why your dream cannot become a reality. Florida is packed full of home builders. However, before zeroing in on just any home builder, it is imperative for you to set your priorities and analyze your requirements, choices, preferences, and budget. Buying a home in Florida can be a complex task. However, if you do your homework and choose a certified and reputable Florida home builder, you can easily and quickly achieve your dream home. The responsibility to take advantage of a great market and to wisely choose a Florida home that fits well with your requirements and budget is yours. There is a nice selection of homes available, why wait? Here are the 10 most important tips on buying a new home in Florida
1. Study the real estate market It is really important for you to get the hang of the various properties available in Florida before you decide to buy a home. You should talk to your friends who live in that region. Allow time for communication with different real estate agents and Florida home builders. Do your research online. 75% of all prospective home buyers, conduct research via the Internet. This will give you a good idea of market trends and enable you to put things into perspective.
2. Explore all your options Talk to various Florida home builders to know what options are available. You can then run through the different properties that match your requirements and budget. This will help you evaluate and compare the different offers on Florida homes. Finally, you can decide on the Florida home builder you want to deal with and also the kind of home you want to own.
3. Check the surroundings Once you are sure about the exact location for your new home, check the surroundings as well. Keep an eye on the development in the area. The local city/town zoning board can give you information on the future development plans in that area. This information will help you gauge the future investment value of the property you are planning to purchase.
4. Buy your home at the right time You've heard that it's a BUYER'S MARKET. Right now mortgage money is plentiful and affordable. Interest rates are at near record lows and new home inventory is high, but dwindling. Take advantage of that market before it's too late. When new home inventory is gone, it's gone! You don't want to wait a year and look back to learn you missed the opportunity of a lifetime.
5. Verify the Credentials of your Florida home builder Before giving a nod to a home builder, you should verify their credentials through various sources. It is advisable to choose a tried and trusted home builder. Always skim through the policy of the home builder you are planning to use. Ask for their previous deals and customer list. You should contact some of their customers to get feedback with regard to the authenticity of the home builder and the homes they build.
6. Check all the aspects of the home Once you have chosen the home you want to buy, you have to ensure that it is chock-full of all the comforts and features promised to you. Here is a checklist of things you should keep close tabs on when you select a home to buy. Type of windows and doors Safety and resistance of the home with regard to hurricanes and fire Well designed floor plans Adequate drainage, sewage and sprinkler systems Energy-efficiency of the home
7. Know the terms and conditions The home purchase offer outlines the terms and conditions of the transaction. You should carefully examine all the points in detail. If you have any doubts or apprehensions with regard to any part of the terms and conditions, you should immediately seek clarification. You must ensure that all the verbal commitments of your seller are documented before you buy a home.
8. Get the right loan You've got to be on the ball while picking a home loan. Compare the different home loans with regard to interest rates, processing fees, and monthly installments. Financial experts recommend converting the monthly repayment into four weekly or two bi-weekly payments. This helps you reduce the term of your loan. There are great financing packages available when choosing the right mortgage lender and home builder.
9. Know the warranties Check whether or not your home builder is providing you with the requisite home warranties. There are two types of warranties - Implied Warranties that usually cover flaws in materials and workmanship; and Extended Warranties that cover the flaws covered under implied warranties, but for an extended period of time.
Real Estate Articles
Real Estate Books